Friday 21 August 2009

PSV Eindhoven v Ajax

PSV Eindhoven 4 Ajax 3

PSV: Isaksson - Salcido, Manolev, Pieters, Ooijer - Simons, Afellay, Bakkal - Lazovic, Dzsudzsak, Toivonen
Ajax: Stekelenburg - Atouba, Wielaert, Van der Wiel, Alderweireld - Enoh, Vertonghen, De Zeeuw - Emanuelson, Suarez, Rommedahl


This was the first Eredivisie game I have seen this season, the the first time I have watched Ajax or PSV for quite a while, so I'm not gonna come on and say what I think of the teams chances, as it would be without proof.

If you haven't seen this game, go watch it, what a fantastic game of football, Luis Suarez opened the scoring after Isaksson's big mistake after only 2 minutes, Isaksson failed to control a Salcido backpass and Suarez pounced to steal the ball and score from a tight finish.
Dzsudzsak scored an absolute screamer of a Free Kick on 37 minutes, and Roberto Carlos-esque thunder bolt into the top corner.

I've seen Dzsudzsak a few times and he has always impressed me, great old fashioned winger, taking people on, the ability to cross, and from this game looks like he is a danger from a set piece, as his 2nd goal and PSV's 3rd was a free kick from outside, curled into the back post, showing his ability to strike the ball, definitley a player to watch out for.

The game was back and forward apart from the 7 goals there was alot of chances, 8 yellow cards, and fantastic goals again from Suarez chipping over Isaksson, Urby Emanuelson's left foot strike left Isaksson with no chance, Bakkal also got 2 for PSV a nice finish from inside the box, and on the 74th minute he popped up to score what was to be the winner.

Both team impressed me alot, I was surprised to see Suarez play the CF role and Emanuelson the left winger, last time I saw them play Suarez was the winger and Urdy was the left back, both impressed in their new roles, I liked the look of Emanuelson going forward, and Suarez was such a danger up in the middle.

Toivonen is a player I want to see more of, he has taken Lazovic's place as the main man in PSV's attack, I had seen his free kick against England at the Under 21 Championship, so was looking forward to seeing him play for his club, unfortunately he didn't play well, was quiet, so I will have to watch again to see him, Affellay is a player I have championed in the past, and he was busy and tricky as always.

I probably picked the best game to reintroduce myself to the Eredivisie, and it will make me watch some more.

Hope anyone that reads this will find a way to watch the match, I'll post some highlights though.

Match Rating - 9/10

M.O.M - Balazs Dzsudzsak - PSV





No comments:

Post a Comment